Description:Fluid with faint odor of ether. Is a mixture of tetraethoxysilane and polyethoxysiloxanes.
Information about hazards:
|Physical and chemical properties|
| Optical density at: 400 nm, max
| Optical density at: 670 nm, max
| Content of hydrogen chloride, % by weight, max.
| Content of ethyl alcohol, % by weight, max.
| Content of tetraethoxysilane, % by weight
||10 - 15|
| Content of silicon dioxide , % by weight
||38 - 42|
| Density, +20°Ñ, g/cm3
||1,04 - 1,07|
| Gelation, mins
||180 - 280|
| Freezing temperature, °Ñ
||below minus 60|
low-toxic, explosive and fire-hazardous.
easily soluble with toluene, benzene, ethyl alcohol, and other solvents.
Shelf life - 12 Month .
- a component in parting paints and binder for mold cores exposed to high temperature in foundry and metal manufacture;
- for shrink-proof finish of woolen cloth, shrinkage abatement of carpeting articles to impart dust and decay resistance, impregnation of filter cloth in textile industry;
- for manufacture of hydrophobic materials of construction, treatment of painted surfaces, impregnation of concrete to reduce the porosity , manufacture of silicosilicate and acid-proof cement in building industry;
- for application of antireflection coatings, application of the light-diffusing layer to electric light bulbs, a binding agent for ceramic mixtures with high mechanical strength, thermal stability, and dielectric properties, which are resistant to strongly corrosive mediums, to manufacture high refractory materials withstanding temperature about 1750ºC and a load of above 127 kg/cm2in the glass industry and production of ceramic materials;
- an additive to obtain quick-drying, thermostable, and water-resistant films with durable gloss in the paint and varnish industry.